Friday, December 28, 2012

Where to begin

Hi!  I didn't really know where to start for my first post because of several reasons.  The first being that I've thought of this blog for a long time and have thought of several topics for posts but didn't want to begin with something like 'creating the right atmosphere for your adventure novel'.  Uh, no.  That would be a bad start.  So I decided to start with 'where to begin', a title which expresses both my confusion with my first post and the topic for the following!  Enjoy!

Ok, let's say you've already come up with a good plot for your story, you just need a name for your character.  What do you do?  It's not enough to name him 'Jack' and her 'Jane'.  You need to carefully think out your names.  For instance, I chose the pseudonym 'Evyn' (derived from the name 'Evan') because it means 'good messenger'.  The name conveys a certain feeling when you read it and means something special to me.   I also hope my writing brings a good message.  Check out the article from http://www.babynames.com/character-names.php.  Because of copyright issues, I couldn't put it down below but you can still comment on it and let me know your thoughts!
May your pens stay sharp!
*Evyn

No comments:

Post a Comment