Monday, February 6, 2017

#30 (eyes)

They ask me to remember the color of your eyes
I can't.
But I remember the way you looked at me the last time
As raindrops fell from my eyes though yours were the ones like sky....
I remember they were blue.

They ask me to remember the way you smiled
I can't.
But I remember the words you said on our last day
You told me I lit your life like a crescent moon...
I remember how you smiled.

They ask me to remember your body
I can't.
But I remember the way you held me in your arms
When we were dancing in the starlight of a cloudy sky...
I remember you were always there.

They ask me to remember your goodbye
I can't.
But I remember the way your fingers fell away from mine
As you turned and walked away for the last time...
I remember your goodbye.

*Evyn

No comments:

Post a Comment